The document communicates new features and bug fixes in this release of School Zone.
Importantly, with this release School Zone provides key integration with the broader Family Zone platform. In particular this release fixes some small bugs and builds on the initial phase of integration to the Mobile Zone solution providing a visual representation of the student population’s level of engagement in Family Zone Cyber Safety as well as statistics and reporting on the installation of Apps across student devices (whether used at school, at home or when mobile) including highlighting risky apps.
ABOUT THIS RELEASE
This is a General Availability (GA) release incorporating bug fixes to Sonar 5.0.3 and new features to Mynet 1.0.2.
As always, we recommend performing a backup_os and a backup_logs prior to upgrading your system.
The specific component versions are as follows:
Requirements: A current version of Sonar 3.5.3 GA (184.108.40.20642 or newer) must be installed.
NOTE: If upgrading from Sonar 3.5.3, we recommend following the process outlined in our MyNet Preparation guide to ensure a seamless transition to the new MyNet platform.
NOTE: If upgrading from a current MyNet instance, the software upgrade can be performed by issuing the command: yum update mynet from the command line.
For further details, including upgrade procedures, please contact the Family Zone support team.
The following new features appear in this release:
- Better Captive Portal detection support
- Add "Red Alert" cyber safety rating
- MyDesk can now be searched for a specific user
- MyDesk to Allow Multi-Tenancy when dispalying Digital Citizen Groups
- Add IPSET support
The following bug fixes appear in this release:
- Fixed issue where SSM backup did not include additional services configurations
- Fixed MyNet support for names with apostrophes eg, O’Reilly
- Fixed issue where email aliases were not imported from Active Directory in Cloud
- Fixed CSS issues where Internet Explorer did not display Bypass Tickets correctly
- Fixed issue where domain bypass would fail with a parent proxy
- Fixed issue where MyClassroom reports were not sent after ticket expires
- Fixed usage summary CSV report not being sent at end of billing cycle
- Noisy domains now filters data in MyActivity and MyDesk
- Support portal now links to new FreshDesk
- Updated API key for Youtube reports
- MyNet will set no-cache headers to prevent browsers caching reports
- Scheduler will no longer send a report if there is no data
- Fixed MyNet Word Cloud Colour and Sizing Issues
- App Reviews should default to CE when available
- Fixed large query timeouts in MyNet with an increase to maximum frame size
- Fixed MyGuest NullPointer Exception error