Setting up the Sonar Scheduler is a pretty easy task.
- Navigate to http://<Sonars-IP-Address>/admin.html and mouse over "Downloads" and click "Sonar Scheduler".
- Unzip the zip file.
- If you are not running a Microsoft Operating System (eg: Mountain Lion, Snow Leopard, Lion, Ubuntu, Debian, Redhat, etc), copy the all platform folder to a location that you would be familiar with (eg. /usr/bin/ ) and rename it to something identifiable (eg. SonarScheduler)
- Open the "Readme.txt" file and modify the following:
- The "sonar_pwd" field should be the Admin account password for Sonar (It is entered in clear text but WILL be encrypted after first run)
- The "sonar_ip" entry to read the DNS name of the IP address of Sonar. This should not have the less than and greater than signs in the final edit: eg. it should look like: sonar_ip=192.168.0.1
- The "smtp_server" entry to read the DNS name or IP address of your email server. This should not have the less than and greater than signs in the final edit: eg. smtp_server=mail.mysite.com
- After making the necessary modifications, save the file out as sonarscheduler.prop
- Run the command "java -jar SonarScheduler.jar" from the directory that you have copied the allplatform folder to and renamed.
- If this runs without and further errors, then you can write a shell script to run this automatically on start up. If you encounter any errors, you will need to run the following commands from the command line:
java -jar SonarScheduler.jar -U admin -P AdminPassword
If you have decided to store the folder somewhere else, you will need to change the line that reads "cd /usr/bin/SonarScheduler" to the location of your choosing.