One great feature of Sonar is that you can Sync created Groups with a Group in LDAP. This will port all users over to Sonar and saves you having to manually create users (let's be honest, no one wants to manually create 300+ users and assign them to a group).
The steps and the process to do this is pretty straight-forward and simple:
- Navigate you a group you have created on Sonar.
- Click on the Settings tab, then Auth Servers.
- In the Server Name field, select your Active Directory server from the drop-down menu (if you haven't added your AD server to Sonar first, please see this article).
- Once the server has been selected, the LDAP groups will appear on the left-hand side column. The Users in that LDAP group will appear on the right-hand side.
- Select the appropriate LDAP group to "Associate" your Sonar group with. Once you click Associate, hit apply, and the LDAP group associated will appear in blue.
- Click "Sync LDAP" once you have associated the LDAP group with Sonar's group and select "YES" when asked to "Precreate or Update User Accounts".
- Click the "Users" tab at the top to check if all the LDAP users have successfully been synced across.
If you add any additional new users to the LDAP group, you will have to re-sync the group on Sonar with the Active Directory Server for that new user to appear. If not, Sonar does a nightly sync anyway so the new user should appear the following day.