Setting up the Sonar Scheduler for reports and regular automated backups is an easy task.
- Navigate to http://sonars.ip.addr.ess/admin.html and mouse over "Downloads" and click "Sonar Scheduler".
- Unzip the zip file.
- If you are running a Microsoft Opertating System, copy the WindowsNTservice folder to the root of your C:\ drive and rename it to "Sonar"
- Open the "Readme.txt" file and modify the following:
- The "sonar_pwd" field should be the Admin account password for Sonar (It is entered in clear text but WILLbe encrypted after first run)
- The "sonar_ip" entry to read the DNS name or the IP address of Sonar. This should not have the less than and greater than signs in the final edit: eg it should look like: sonar_ip=192.168.0.1
- The "smtp_server" entry to read the DNS name or IP address of your email server. This should not have the less than and greater than signs in the final edit: eg: smtp_server=mail.mysite.com
- After making the necessary modifications, save the file out as sonarscheduler.prop
- open run.bat
If this runs without any further errors, then you can run installservice.bat if not, you will need to run the following commands from the command line:
- cd \sonar
- java -jar lib/SonarScheduler.jar -U sonaradmin -P AdminPassword
If you have decided to store the folder somewhere else, you will need to change the line that reads "cd \sonar" to the location of your choosing.